...photography, illustrations, rambling, living, etc.
@PZTZR for twitter and instagram and etc

Friday

Business Card Version 1.0

Business Card Backside
So this card turned out a bit to "dude" oriented. I feel like it says "I'm a guy, a photographer, and I think I'm super cool and dark. Here's my card. Call me anytime, baby." Not EXACTLY (at all) what I'm going for. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until AFTER I submitted the files and approved the proof.. That's what I get for staying up until 3 am designing. Skewed judgement from staring at screens for five hours. Oh well, at least Juke Box Print is super cheap and local. I'm picturing another order of 1000 business cards before the end of the year. And next time, a more neutral design. Minimalist. Designy. Profesh.
I'll post more about the cards when I receive them.
On a side not John, Sean and I watched Death Wish last night and I was thoroughly impressed. I went in with lowwww expectations, however the script is much different from other action movies of the same era, none of the acts were boring nor did it pander to the audience too too hard. It doesn't give the promised vigilante justice until the second act, and it never glorifies violence, always shocking, chilling. Better yet the cinematography by Arthur J. Ornitz is fucking amazing. Never heard of this guy before but he had a solid run in the industry from 1940's to the 1980's! I quickly checked out the rest of the stuff he cinematographied but there was nothing that I recognized. Definitely another master of exposure. And get this: Avante-Garde JAZZ (yes with all caps) soundsz track by HERBIE HANCOCK. Oh there's something wonderful about the days of whole orchestras being lead by a jazz master, instead of some dude sitting in front of Protools. One warning there's a pretty serious sexual assault  (perpetrated by a gang lead by Jeff Goldblum) scene near the middle of the second act. Didn't feel it to be exploitative, just... disturbing. Kind of a downer way of ending the post. Oh well. Good night folks. *drops mic
p.s. Charles Bronson's moustache rules HARD