...photography, illustrations, rambling, living, etc.
@PZTZR for twitter and instagram and etc

Monday

Grrrr....

Losing my grip on posting. Wanted to roar into april and do 15 for the month. Haven't. Done. One. Yet.  I have however been doing some work for a little Sunday project I call Corporate Ladder™. 
Here's a Photograph of my mother. She came and visited me for my birthday in March. What a great person. :)
I wanted to take a portrait of her as I had just recently seen Aleksander Rodchenko's photograph Portrait of Mother, 1924. It was a sunny day and I wanted soft lighting so I set up a 4x6 white scrim 4 feet of the ground and I also stood 4 feet off the ground beside it, shooting at perhaps +2/3 exposure adjustment.
I'm not foolish enough to say mine even comes close to expressing as much as Al's does. His conveys an incredible depth of feeling, soul, simplicity, and without being over-bearing in sentiment. Thank you Alexander Rodchenko/Mother/Life for the inspiration.





Mother, Chuck Onyschuk - 2011
Portrait of Mother, Aleksander Rodchenko - 1924